Monday, February 27, 2012

Winter Storm Watch

Part of what I love about living in Minnesota is the variety in the weather - distinct seasons, different kinds of precipitation, temperatures of all extremes. It's a never-ending smorgasbord of atmospheric drama. But this winter hasn't exactly been much of a show-stopper. Yeah, there have been lots of above average temperatures, but that's just made it seem like winter hasn't arrived - yet. Tomorrow may change all that.

For the weather gods may be sending us some actual winter-like weather. We're supposed to get snow. Of course, the weather forecasters are making this out to be THE STORM OF THE CENTURY. Here in the southern Twin Cities, we may only get a couple of inches and then it's supposed to rain, so so much for the snow. Head a little farther north,  maybe to St. Cloud, and you'll be dealing with a foot of snow. Maybe.

I love winter and snow. I enjoy figuring out what the weather will be tomorrow. But until I'm actually shoveling what THE STORM OF THE CENTURY dumps on me, I'm not going to get too excited. I'll dust off the shovels in the garage and then grab a good book. And wait.

Update tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment