Monday, February 6, 2012

Raptor Sightings

Lots of raptors in the skies over the nature center this afternoon. As we finished teaching a class about looking for signs of animals, two broad-winged hawks came from the Farm Pond area, circled a couple of times and then headed southwest. Seconds after they left, another hawk appeared. It too circled a few times. As it flew away from the group, we could clearly see its rusty-colored tail, so here was a second type of hawk - a red-tailed hawk. Then, as I was leaving work, I heard our eagle in its mew making its harsh cry. When I looked up to the sky east of the parking lot, two bald eagles were circling. I went up to the raptor mews and checked and sure enough, the eagle was looking in the direction of the two wild birds. I wonder if she wanted to fly with them...
DNC's Education Bald Eagle

No comments:

Post a Comment