Monday, February 17, 2014

Wonderful White Bird

Yesterday, my sister, my mom, and I went looking for snowy owls. There have been a number of sightings in and around the Twin Cities this winter, so about a month ago, I decided to go "hunting" since some of the birds were seen not too far from my home. The first two times I went looking, I got to see a snowy owl, but it was quite a distant away, sitting on top of one of the powerline transmission towers. My pictures were less than stellar.

But yesterday I won the gold medal - I got to see a snowy owl up close. Not so close that I disturbed it, but close enough to see details. The bird had brown stripes on its brilliant white body. It was eating something, but kept looking up to watch what was going on around it. What a beautiful bird.




The posting from the other day showed a pattern in the snow and asked you to guess what it was. Here is what caused the pattern. Nature is amazing... 



No comments:

Post a Comment