Sunday, March 17, 2013

A year ago

You remember Bill Murray's character in Groundhog Day? When he finally flips out and says something like "This winter is never going to end..."?

That's how I feel right about now. Especially thinking back to a year ago today - we set a record high temperature: 80F. We shut off the furnace and forgot to turn it back on that night and it didn't matter. It was gorgeous! (Okay - the warm temps did mean a crappy maple syruping season, but winter was over at least.)

Today, in 2013, it's yet another day of below average temperatures with another snowstorm on the way. I've lost two mittens from different pairs so far this winter. And I'm tired of wearing longjohns.

Remind me of how much I wanted winter to be over when we've hit our seventeenth day of over 90F.

1 comment:

  1. Will do! I don't like shoveling or driving in the snow, but I also don't like humid, muggy temps and being eaten alive my mosquitos and ticks! Each season has it's miseries I guess!

    ReplyDelete